The 2012 Advanced Studies & RYT200 Training begins March 14th at Yoga Birds. This year’s training has been restructured to accommodate a weekly evening meeting and a handful of Saturday Workshop Sessions. The program is designed for students wishing to deepen understanding and practice of yoga, for aspiring yoga teachers, and for teachers who need refresher courses.
Graduates of previous Yoga Birds Teacher Trainings receive 30% discount on all Wednesday Nights Series (excluding Yoga Anatomy Fundamentals & Kirtan) and 20% off Advanced Studies Saturday Workshop Sessions.
Yoga teachers are ultimately and always yoga students. Enrich your studentship this year whether you plan to teach or if you simply want to immerse yourself in the beautiful & bountiful teachings of yoga. The program promises lots of opportunities to deepen your practice of asana, pranayama, meditation, mantra, and much more.
Series offerings include:
- Ayurveda & Yoga
- Yoga Anatomy Fundamentals
- Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras
- The Bhagavad Gita & History of Yoga
- Anusara Yoga Universal Principles of Alignment®
- Teaching Methodology & Hands-on Teaching Practice
- The Subtle Body: Chakras/Bandhas/Koshas
- Language and Articulation Refinement For Yoga Teachers
- Developing Pranayama, Meditation, and Mantra Personal Practices
- Prenatal Yoga For Teachers (online sign-up coming soon!)
- Ethics, Business, & Service of teaching Yoga (online sign-up coming soon!)
- Creating Class Themes & Principles of Sequencing (online sign-up coming soon!)
- Learn To Use Props For Practice & Teaching (online sign-up coming soon!)
- Experience Restorative Yoga
For teachers, or those aspiring to teach, take your understanding of yoga to the next level. Transitioning confidently from student to teacher through practice teaching in real-time situations and classroom exercises.
With all of the recent press about the ‘dangers’ of yoga, it is vital that we continue to raise the bar of safety and effectiveness of appropriate yoga practice and teaching. Yoga Birds stands as a pillar of yoga in the community, dedicated to the continuation of educating the community about the wonderfully transformative, often life-saving, and beauty of depth of subject -matter that Yoga encompasses. At Yoga Birds, Melanie and all of the teachers aim to ‘raise the bar’ on the teaching and practice of yoga in Lower Alabama. Join us in the responsible proliferation of yoga for all bodies! We hope to see you ‘on the mat’!
The Advanced Studies Series may be taken individually for personal enrichment, or Yoga Alliance CEC’s. Students attending the program in full will automatically be eligible for Registration with Yoga Alliance at the 200 Hour Level. Yoga Birds is a Registered Yoga School with Yoga Alliance (RYS200). See complete pricing, dates, and registration details at http://www.yogabirds.com/teacher-training/.